Join us on Sunday, October 28 at the Desert Botanical Garden for an evening of fabulous food, drinks, an herb walk and entertainment from A 2nd Act! Please note: Tickets will NOT be sold on site this year and must be purchased in advance with conference registration.
Tickets for the SIO Gala Dinner are $150 and include:
- Transportation to and from the Desert Botanical Garden.
- Attendees will have the option to go to Old Town Scotsdale for music and dancing after the Gala dinner. Those who get off the bus in Old Town Scotsdale will be required to find their own transportation back to the hotel (Uber, Lyft, Taxi, etc.). Those who do not go to the W Scottsdale will be brought back the Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch.
- Dinner - attendees will select one of the following:
- Sage Pesto-Roasted Chicken Breast with herb-roasted baby potatoes, sauteed green beans and caramelized onions with a natural jus (gluten and dairy free)
- Quinoa Cake with tri-color cauliflower, cauliflower puree, and micro greens garnish (vegan and gluten-free)
- One-hour open bar followed by a cash bar
- Entertainment from A 2nd Act
- A 2nd Act presents a live, curated performance featuring a cast of women survivors of all types of cancers, who share their own stories of how they are using the gifts of life and experience for the greater good. Every performance by A 2nd Act accomplishes two important goals: celebrating the breath-taking courage of the participants on stage and motivating the audience to create their own 2nd act, regardless of what their life challenge may be. The stories these woman share from the stage inspire in incredible ways.
Transportation for the Gala will leave the Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch at 5:30 pm MT. The Gala will begin with a cocktail hour from 6:00 - 7:00 pm MT. This will be followed by a brief award ceremony, dinner, and entertainment from A 2nd Act. Transportation will depart the Desert Botanical Garden at 9:30 pm MT and stop in Old Town Scottsdale, then the Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch. Those who get off the bus in Old Town Scottsdale will be required to find their own transportation back to the hotel (Uber, Lyft, Taxi, etc.).*
The dress code for this event is Busines and/or Cocktail attire. Please, no shorts or sandels. Becuase of the nature of the he surrounding environment please be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
If anyone is plannning on going out to to Old Town after the event, please make note you will need closed toe shows and long pants, no shorts are allowed.
More on the Desert Botanical Garden:
The Desert Botanical Garden is the southwest's largest botanical garden. Through permanent trailside exhibits, temporary art exhibitions and seasonal experiences they seek to transform the visitor experience into one of discovery and meaning about the desert and desert plants.
More on A 2nd Act:
*Exact schedule of events subject to change. Anyone who purchases a Gala ticket will be notified of any changes.