Workshop Deadline Extended to March 19
SIO is accepting workshop submissions for the 17th International Conference, which will be held in Baltimore, Maryland, on October 16-18, 2020. The submission period is February 21 to midnight Pacific Time, Thursday, March 19, 2020. Workshops already submitted may be reopened for editing until the deadline.
The proposals must be relevant to integrative oncology and the conference theme, “The Science of Living Well with Cancer."
Members of the Scientific Review Committee will evaluate the quality of the submitted workshop proposals on the basis of the following criteria:
- Novelty of the workshop;
- Significance of the goals;
- Needs assessment;
- Clarity; and
- Relevance to integrative oncology and conference theme of The Science of Living Well with Cancer
Authors should be particularly cognizant of the importance of following the workshop criteria outlined above. If the submission is poorly written, such that the Review Committee cannot determine its goals and importance, the workshop will not be accepted for presentation at the Conference.
It is preferred that workshop proposals be authored by at least two organizers from two different institutions; however, this is not required.
Required Workshop Proposal Format
- Title: Workshop title and acronym if relevant
- Abstract: Description of the workshop, suitable for the conference web site and advance program
- Topics and Motivation: What are the topics, themes, and areas of interest of the workshop? How is the workshop relevant to integrative oncology, diversity, cancer control and/or prevention? What specific unmet needs/gaps does the workshop address? How does the workshop contribute to networking of SIO to other practitioner communities, if at all?
- Goals and Expected Results: Explicitly state the goals of the workshop and how you intend to reach them. What are the expected results of the workshop? How will these results be disseminated? How will the workshop specifically address identified needs/gaps?
- Format: What is the planned workshop format? What will be done to stimulate collaborative interaction? Are there planned pre- and post-workshop activities?
- Length of Time: There are 75-minute workshop spaces available and 4-hour pre-conference workshops
- Previous presentation: Have you presented this workshop or a workshop on the same topic at previous SIO meetings or other scientific meetings? When, where, and how many participants? How was the workshop evaluated (provide objective scores ratings and subjective comments as available?
We are using an online submission system this year. The following sections are required. Submissions are limited to 300 words, however, a 1,500-word workshop submission may be uploaded in the system.
The link will open Friday, February 21.
Submission Deadline Extended
Thursday, March 19, 2020, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
Primary Author Responsibilities
If the material has been accepted for publication or has recently been published, it is the author's responsibility to make sure that the journal's copyright rules are not violated. The workshop proposal should comply with the ethics of scholarly activities in general and should be free of commercial bias. If chosen, the organizers and speakers must disclose conflicts of interest as required by continuing education accreditation bodies.
About the Conference
The 17th International Conference of the Society for Integrative Oncology will once again be the gathering place for clinicians, researchers, patients and advocates in integrative cancer care from all over the world. The SIO Conference, on the theme “The Science of Living Well with Cancer" will provide an opportunity for attendees to hear about advancements made in the field, to present their work, build collaborations and to learn from each other. Our schedule includes keynotes, plenary sessions, experiential workshops, and oral and poster presentations of research findings. There will be informal time for gathering and networking.