The Society for Integrative Oncology (SIO) is accepting nominations from SIO members to fill anticipated vacancies on its Board of Trustees. SIO welcomes the nomination of individuals who are researchers, clinicians, clinical researchers, patients and patient advocates. The submission deadline is August 10, 2018. Learn more below about eligibility and submission procedures.
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Current SIO Member (or will join)
- Interested in and committed to advancing and maintaining the integrity of integrative oncology
- Willing to contribute at least 5-10 hours per month toward SIO activities
- Willing to participate in SIO advancement, including fundraising
- Willing to participate in the annual SIO conference (2018 conference October 27-29, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- Willing to participate in teleconference call meetings every other and attend and participate in one annual Board retreat and meeting at the SIO Conference (2018 daylong retreat to be held October 26 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Willing to co-chair an SIO Committee, Task Force and/or Special Interest Group
Nomination Materials: Individuals may nominate themselves or others for consideration by sending the nomination along with the nominee’s curriculum vitae and/or resume, as well as a brief introductory paragraph or two stating the nominee’s qualifications, availability, and vision for serving on the SIO Board. The identity of the nominator must be included with the nomination materials.
If nominating someone other than yourself, acceptance of the nomination must be confirmed in writing via email from the nominee within one week of submission of the nomination. An acceptance confirmation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of Nominations: All nomination documents must be submitted in WORD or PDF format and sent by email to SIO at email@example.com. The deadline for nomination submission is August 10, 2018.
Selection of Trustees: Nominations will be reviewed by the SIO Executive Committee and Board of Trustees, with a slate of nominees presented for vote by the SIO membership.
Trustee Terms: Each Trustee will serve a term of three years. Each trustee will be introduced to the SIO membership at the annual general meeting during the SIO Conference in October 2018 and will begin service at that time.