The Society for Integrative Oncology elected officers and five new board members to serve three-year terms at its 2017 annual business meeting on November 13 in conjunction with SIO’s 14th annual international conference in Chicago, Illinois.
Named as is Lynda Balneaves, PhD, RN, University of Manitoba. Newly elected officers are: President-Elect; Ting Bao, MD, DABMA, MS, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and Richard T. Lee, MD, Universitys Hospital Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University. Re-elected were: Secretary - Peiying Yang, PhD, MS, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Vice President-Communications - Linda Carlson, PhD, RPsych. Serving as Immediate Past President is Jun Mao, MD, MSCE, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
The Board is pleased to welcome the following five individuals who were elected to three-year terms:
- Sangeeta Agarwal, RN, MS, CAS, founder and CEO, Helpsy
- Chasse Bailey-Dorton, MD, Chief of Integrative Oncology, Department of Supportive Oncology, Levine Cancer Institute, Charlotte NC
- Jennifer Ligibel, MD, Senior Physician in Medical Oncology, Susan F Smith Center for Women’s Cancers; Director of Leonard P. Zakim Center for Integrative Therapies Healthy Living, Dana-Farber Institute; Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Gabriel Lopez, MD, Assistant Professor and Medical Director of the Integrative Medicine Center, MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Dept. of Palliative, Rehabilitation, & Integrative Medicine, Houston TX
- Yufei Yang, MD, Chief of Clinical Cancer Center in Xiyuan Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Continuing on the Board are: Eugene Ahn, MD, Cancer Treatment Centers of America Midwestern Medical Center, Zion, IL; Anita Kinney, PhD, RN, University of New Mexico; Weidong Lu, MB, PhD, MPH, Zakim Center for Integrative Therapies, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School and Osher Research Center, Boston, MA; Ashwin Mehta, MD, MPH, Memorial Healthcare System; Marie Polley, PhD, Health Sciences and Research, University of Westminster, London, England; Santosh Rao, MD, ABIHM, Banner MD Anderson; Katherine Taromina, MS, LAc, Columbia University Medical Center; Eleanor M. Walker, MD, Center for Integrative Medicine and Department of Radiation Oncology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan and Claudia Witt, MD, MBA, University of Zurich.
About the Society for Integrative Oncology
The Society for Integrative Oncology is the leading worldwide organization dedicated to integrative medicine specific to cancer patients. A non-profit, multi-disciplinary organization founded in 2003, the organization’s mission is to advance evidence-based, comprehensive, integrative healthcare to improve the lives of people affected by cancer.