SIO is pleased to provide its updated clinical practice guidelines for breast cancer. In June 2018, ASCO announced endorsement of the guidelines. The guidelines were published in 2017. Researchers analyzed which integrative treatments are most effective and safe for patients with breast cancer. The guidelines are a resource for clinicians and patients to inform evidence-based decisions on the use of integrative therapies during breast cancer treatment. Researchers at US and Canadian institutions evaluated the efficacy and safety of more than 80 therapies.
The Journal of the National Cancer Institute Monograph has published a special issue co-sponsored by SIO, "Advancing the Global Impact of Integrative Oncology"; including a comprehensive definition for integrative oncology. The articles in the special Monograph were all peer-reviewed.
INVITATION TO SUBMIT
SIO 2020 Call for Board Nominations is Open
The Society for Integrative Oncology (SIO) is accepting nominations from SIO members to fill anticipated vacancies on its Board of Trustees. SIO welcomes the nomination of individuals who are researchers, clinicians, clinical researchers, patients and patient advocates. The submission deadline is March 31, 2020.
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Current SIO Member (or will join)
• Interested in and committed to advancing and maintaining the integrity of integrative oncology
• Willing to contribute at least 5-10 hours per month toward SIO activities
• Willing to participate in SIO advancement, including fund raising
• Willing to participate in the annual SIO conference (2020 conference will be held October 16-18 in Baltimore, MD)
• Willing to participate in teleconference call meetings every other month and attend and participate in one annual Board retreat and meeting at the SIO Conference. (The 2020 daylong retreat to be held October 15 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. in Baltimore, MD.)
• Willing to co-chair an SIO Committee, Task Force and/or Special Interest Group
Read complete details here.
Integrative Oncology Talk: Medicine for the Underserved
https://t.co/ruivHf04NR Rhonda Smith, MBA, Interim Directo…
@NIH @theNCI Int'l Conference on Integrative Oncology hosts "Integrative Medicine for Cancer Prevention & Cancer Pa…
Happy to share that Donald Abram' recent article, "Can Cannabis Cure Cancer." has been trending on JAMA! Check out…