SIO2020 Call for Applications-Africa Travel Scholarship
Call for Applications: Society for Integrative Oncology Africa Travel Scholarship for SIO2020 17th International Conference, October 16-18, 2020, Baltimore, MD
SIO is pleased to announce a Travel Scholarship opportunity available for one individual from the continent of Africa for attendance at the SIO 2020 conference. The scholarship funds were donated by SIO Board Members to help facilitate conference participation by integrative oncology experts in Africa. The scholarship amount is $4,600.00 and must be used for travel and lodging expenses. Scholarship applicants must:
- Have an interest in integrative cancer care and/or integrative oncology research;
- Be able to attend the full SIO 17th International Conference;
- Be willing to complete a brief survey/testimonial following the conference about their experience;
- Provide a bio-sketch, resume, or curriculum vitae, along with a letter describing why they want to attend the conference, what they hope to gain from attending, and how they plan to apply or disseminate the information learned;
- Provide a letter of reference indicating their experience in clinical care and research, as it pertains to integrative medicine.
The deadline for applications is Friday, May 8, 2020. Submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the conference please visit the website conference page or contact SIO staff at email@example.com with any questions.
Ting Bao, MD, DABMA, MS